Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wolfmother

Last night the girls and I went out for V-Day. We started at Citizen Smith, a new restaurant and bar that opened on the northeast corner of Cauhenga and Selma. It's amazing that they've fit another bar on the "crawl" but I'm glad it's there - it adds a touch of class to an otherwise mundane strip of Hollywood nightlife. The space is beautiful with hardwood paneling and interesting textures throughout. To my *glee* they use the same chairs at the bar that the Roosevelt has- the coziest ones I've ever sat in. There's also a spacious patio that puts Velvet Margarita's to shame. I would recommend this place for an evening of nice cocktails and catching up with friends.


We then hit up Cinespace to see Wolfmother perform. I've never been a huge fan of Rush so I was a little skeptical. But their talent married with stage presence (read - ENERGY) was over the top and everyone was floored. These guys are so talented and dedicated - read the bio on their website. The cultural implications of whether they will take off is another story but I think a certain revolutionary vibe of resistance and expression is coming back in a big way. Cinespace Tuesdays is turning into a Hollywood nightmare. Which once was a fun indie party is now a crazed and over-publicized event. I imagine it was bound to happen sooner or later.

No comments: