Friday, February 17, 2006

el chavo, tiki bar, loggia. oh my

last night was fun as i hopped around which is the best thing in the world to do. in los angeles it's kinda difficult unless you're sticking to one particular location and can walk around a bit (hollywood strip, silverlake digs, cauhenga crawl). Or if you find a good designated driver. honestly, i'm ALL in favor of a rail system. but that's another picture to paint.

I started off the night at El Chavo with my new Real World pallies for the weekend. Since Monday is a holiday, I decided to travel and spend some time out of the city. I need to take a break to catch my breath and get some things in order in my life (why does that always involve tequila) so I'm traveling to Mexico for a few days. I'm staying in a house with 15 other people and it's going to be....insane. One BIG house on the beach complete with dirtbikes, kayaks, turntables, bonfires who knows what will go down. Another picture for later.



So I met up with some of the R.W. gang at El Chavo which is a cute little Mexican joint in Silverlake (Sunset and Virgil). The drinks were good, food a-plenty and the coolest guy was playing some sort of Mexican harp (pardon my ignorance!). I would go back for sure, it's a great spot that's not cheesy like Spanish Kitchen or El Cholo. I met a few friends next door at the Tiki Bar which is insanely cute. Not to be confused with the "Tiki Room" at DisneyLand. Very small and Tiki-themed everything. Go here!!!!

After this was Loggia which is a part of the Highlands. It's an amazing spot on the 5th Floor at Hollywood and Highland. It overlooks Hollywood Blvd and is generally a good place to go and kick it. Coming up the escalator I saw Danny Masterson with a few friends, he was wearing cool glasses and on his way out of the joint. We stayed at Loggia for a drink or two, which is generally all one can take before the crowd gets slightly mundane. That's all I've got!

No comments: