Friday, February 03, 2006

TONIGHT - First Fridays at the NHM




"Listen up! The Natural History Museum invites you to bring your iPod to the opening of Sonic Scenery and be among the first to experience our new audio exhibit of gallery soundtracks. Don your headphones and wander the Museum after hours listening to new collections-inspired compositions by The Sun Ra Arkestra, Ozomatli, Autolux, Nels Cline, Matmos, Jon Hassell, Nobody, Stephen Hartke, Languis, and David J. Pause and plug in to musicians and DJs performing "silent sets" heard only by headphone. At 8pm, join Sonic Scenery artist Jon Hassell, Dublab founder Mark "frosty" McNeill, KCRWs Edward Goldman, and moderator Hope Tschopik Schneider in a discussion of the future of sound in space. After your tour, relax in the Museum's Grand Foyer as Reef Project (AKA Thee-O) spins an iPod DJ set spanning the history of ambient music from Erik Satie to Brian Eno."

I love how in an attempt to make the venue (or *ahem* NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM) hip they're calling it the NHM. All snidery aside it looks like a great event. I have my iPod but forgot to bring a cable with me to work. I'd much rather pay $10 for a podcast I'll never listen to again to be able to listen to it with my own gear than $3 rentals. Looking forward.

No comments: