Friday, February 10, 2006

this weekend

Tonight in LA - in an attempt to broaden my (drinking) horizons I'm heading to Vine Bar to check the scene. I haven't been to this one yet and it's not so far from my 'hood, so who knows it may be fun. Oh and what's up with Cha Cha, that place has blown up! I go there often and have already missed the likes of Jake Gyllenhaal and Trent from Pink Blog. I hope it doesn't get any more attention, it's perfect the way it is right now. Good, relatively cheap drinks, good music (though sans jukebox) and an interesting mix of people.



Saturday night I'm working at KCRW on "Brave New World" but there are some good things going on I would've gone to otherwise. For instance, Create Fixate (http://www.createfixate.com/feb06/feb06.html) and "McSweeney's Presents" at RedCat (http://redcat.org/season/0506/mus/mcsweeney.php).

"McSweeney’s Presents:
The World, Explained
U.S. premiere
Are you curious about Teddy Roosevelt’s obsession with Sasquatch, or the exciting trend of multi-user garmentry? Learn about these vital topics and more when publishing phenomenon McSweeney’s stages an evening of readings, comedy and slide-show presentations. Primary sources consist of charts, photographs and a complete catalogue of the nine presidents who had hooks for hands.

Scholars in attendance include: John Hodgman, David Rees, Mike Colton, the editorial staff of Yeti Researcher, and Eli Horowitz.

Hosted by Patton Oswalt plus musical entertainment by Jon Brion."

No comments: