Sunday, October 09, 2005

party party

i dj'ed a work party friday night and it totally went off. for the first time i dj'ed from the iPod. Initially I had a few reservations about the lack of technical ability but most of the songs I had in mind didn't need to be beatmatched - so it worked out great. The only downside is not being able to cue up. You need to know your music library well.

here are a few tracks from my playlist:


King Curtis "Memphis Soul Stew"
Ben Mullins "Big Chill"
Jamie Lidell "When I Come Back Around"
Fussible "Tiguana Makes me Happy"
Jeremy Ellis "Take Your Time"
DangerDoom "Old School feat. Talib Kweli"
Diamond Nights "Attractive"
Putsch 79 "Track 3"
Tegan and Sara "walking with the ghost (morgan page remix)"
Joy Division "love will tear us apart"
The Like "what I say and what I mean"
Grand National "playing in the distance (eliot james remix)"
Victor "go on do it"
Maximo Park "The coast is always changing"
Queen "another one bites the dust"

No comments: