Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Argyle is itchy

Two nights ago I went to a party for soundArt, a non-profit organization that brings music lessons to inner-city schools that can't afford to have a music program ((www.soundart.org). It's a great organization and the people are fantastic. I highly reccomend getting involved with this organization if you can. Anyways, the party was held at the Argyle Hotel on Sunset. Now, all "partying for the poor" aside, the Argyle is a strange place to do-it to-it. It's wierd when people working in music try to dress up and have manners ( I tried for about 35 seconds). The bar is nice. Loads of wood paneling, leather, and fabulous views. It reminded me of Boston...very unlike LA. Is there a hip place to throw a party like this without feeling like you need to adopt a wierd ass "glide" to walk across the room? Maybe I'm going to too many warehouse parties. honestly, where is the fine line between a classy event and a stuffy one?

No comments: